Skip to content
Selected Previous Projects (all as Project Engineer)
- Scottish Poetry Library, Edinburgh. New build library in the Old Town. RIBA Award, Civic Trust Award, EAA Silver Medal.
- Scottish Mining Museum, various phases of works. Conservation of 19th Century colliery buildings with conversion of buildings for public access.
- Newhailes House for The National Trust for Scotland. Major conservation works for an 18th Century house prior to opening up to public. Winner of Europa Nostra Diploma, RIBA award, RIBA Conservation Project of the Year award and an Edinburgh Architectural Association Bronze Medal.
- Infirmary Street Baths, Edinburgh. Conservation and conversion of Victorian swimming pool to form weaving centre for Dovecot Studios, art gallery, retail area, offices, and apartments including removal of mass concrete pools and integration of new structural elements to form various spaces. Roses silver award for best re-use of a listed building and EAA Building of the Year shortlist 2009, RICS Award Highly Commended in Building Conservation 2011, Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Award 2010.
- Mareel Cinema & Music Venue, Lerwick, Shetland. New build cinema & music venue.
- Glass Sculpture, Haddington. Working with an artist and architect to create free-standing glass sculpture for East Lothian Council.
- Leitch Street, Greenock. Design of 87 exemplar houses for Housing Association with sustainability brief incorporating high levels of insulation, CHP plant, SUDS drainage on site of former railway sidings.
- Private House in Dolphinton. Alterations to a former steading to form residential accomodation and entertainment areas.