This policy relates to Davies Torres Design Ltd (DTD) and how we use the information you supply to us. We endeavour to ensure that any information/data provided to us is held both securely and responsibly and also with your permission.
This policy relates to personal information we collect from you in relation to your project and how we subsequently store and use it.
What information do we collect and how?
- Information you provide to us when making an initial enquiry to procure our services. g. your name, property address, telephone number, email address and nature of services required.
- Information you provide when entering into a contract with us to undertake work for you e.g. name, billing email, property address and home address (if different)
- Information about services in relation to the business, eg. Contact details of companies that may be useful to ourselves or our clients.
- Visitors to our website will be asked for cookie consent. You do not have to provide consent. They are used to ensure that the site operates as intended, to monitor performance of the site, to remember pages that you have previously visited and to allow you to post enquiries via our contact form. Cookies on our website do not collect any personal identifiable information, pass data to advertising networks or other third parties.
- Our website has Google Analytics installed which allows us to track and analyse site usage. The information collected is anonymous but records number of page hits, and type of browser used which helps us to improve the website in the future. For specific information on Google Analytics refer to the Google website.
How do we use your information?
- To provide you with the services you require as part of your contract
- To issue your invoices
- To engage and share information with you regarding an ongoing project
- To allow us to fulfil our legal obligations
How is this information held?
We hold our digital data on a secure network which is regularly backed up. Every member of staff has a password protected PC and is encouraged to change their password regularly. The premises are secured and locked to prevent unauthorised entry. Paper-based information is held in folders placed within the office to be used for work purposes. Any confidential information is stored on password protected areas of the network or within lockable cabinets.
Who do we share our data with?
We do not sell or actively share the data you supply to us. We do not use it for direct marketing. We may forward your contact details to those associated with your project e.g. contractors, consultants, local planning authority in order to progress your project. This might include arranging a survey on your behalf or submitting a planning application. We will usually do this in consultation with you and at your request.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing of your data relates to the information provided and the context in which it was collected. We will only use your information where we have your consent to do so or need to perform a service for you.
Managing your information
You can ask for your data to be updated, corrected or deleted at any time by contacting us.
Deletion of data at your request will be carried out on the understanding that removal may affect our ability to progress a current project. Please note we cannot delete address information that is attached to invoices as this must be held for tax purposes.
For these types of request please email us through the contact form on the website or telephone us on: 01453 350 546.
If you have any queries about how we hold or use your data, please ask.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes it was collected. Basic contact information is retained in the event of a query after a project is completed. All emails relating to a project are archived periodically, typically 3 to 6 months after the last communication.
We hold other information, such as drawings and specifications for longer. After 6 years these are scanned and archived.
Updates to this policy
We may need to update this policy occasionally. The most current version will be available on our website.